While you’re on the hunt for your next apartment or home to rent, you want to go to your scheduled tour with a set of questions. Why? Appearances can be deceiving. You might find a beautiful apartment in a great location, but whether or not it is for you requires a little detective work.
At the very least, be sure to ask the following seven questions at every showing you go to:
- Is there 24-hour maintenance for emergencies? When something goes wrong, you want to be sure there is a policy in place that guarantees fast maintenance for emergencies.
- Can I break my lease, and, if so, what are the steps? You never know which direction your life will take, so it’s important to know the details regarding policies at your apartment community.
- Can I have a pet, and if so, what are the restrictions and policies? Many communities are pet friendly but be sure to ask what the policies are for breed and weight restrictions.
- What utilities are included? Knowing this will help you budget appropriately and determine the total monthly cost.
- Do I need renters insurance, and if so, why? This is a huge help in factoring the overall monthly cost.
- What if I have an after-hours request (maintenance, mail delivery, concern)? We all know that when things go wrong, they do so at the most inopportune times. Living somewhere with after-hours assistance and service can really help give you peace of mind.
- Where can my guests park? Because you want life in your new place to be easy and comfortable for you and your guests.
Lewis Apartment Communities not only feature the latest design trends and communal amenities such as fitness centers, resident clubhouses, pools and much more, but we also have 24-hour emergency maintenance, pet friendly communities, and on-site staff dedicated to exceeding your expectations.
We love to show off our communities and invite you to come with all the questions you have. See for yourself why Lewis Apartments are more than a place to live, but a community to call home.
Resources for First Time Renters: College Edition
With a diploma in hand and aspirations a mountain high, we know you are preparing for one of the most memorable times of your life- venturing out on your own! We know that apartment searching can be a fun and exciting experience but we also know how overwhelming it can be. To help you in your search, we’ve compiled some valuable tips to use to be well equipped in finding your new place to call home!